Public boards and committees help shape and influence government decisions and services.
Joining a board is great for your career and can be personally rewarding.
Public boards in Victoria
Public boards are established by legislation, the Governor in Council or by a Minister.
Public entities do things like:
- manage essential services like hospitals, schools and transit networks
- do research and advise ministers
- manage public assets like parks and state forests
- monitor the actions and decisions of public officials
- impose regulations on people or businesses
Reviewed 21 December 2022