About the board
The Victorian Government is working with the Victorian wine industry to create a new Victorian Wine Strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for industry and government to collaborate and set new directions for the industry.
The Victorian Wine Strategy Steering Committee will provide advice and guidance on the development of the Victorian Wine Strategy. The Committee will ensure the strategy utilises industry knowledge, represents the diversity of the Victorian wine industry, and is owned by industry.
Please see the Terms of Reference for more information.
About the role
You can help shape the future of the Victorian wine industry by becoming a member of the new Victorian Wine StrategySteering Committee.
The Executive Director of Agriculture Policy and Programs within Agriculture Victoria is seeking applications from the Victorian wine industry to join the Committee. The Committee will be composed of:
- 6 industry representatives with skills and experience in the wine industry – selected through this expression of interest process
- Wine Victoria
- Global Victoria
- Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions
- Agriculture Victoria (the chair)
Who we're looking for
As a Committee member you will use your wine industry knowledge to provide advice about developing and designing the Victorian Wine Strategy.
The Committee will be responsible for:
- setting overall direction for the strategy
- providing technical advice and industry insights
- ensuring coordination with other industry policies, strategies, and initiatives
- providing advice on project planning and delivery
- ensuring industry ownership of the strategy.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Ability to represent the views of key industry stakeholders in an effective, credible and authoritative manner
- Expertise and experience in relevant areas including grape growing, wine making, research, trading, marketing, packaging, sustainability, tourism, hospitality and retail
- Skills and personal attributes required for effective analytical, review and committee performance.
The Committee will be assembled with a consideration of gender balance, and diversity of skills, geography, industry sector, and business size.
The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring that government boards reflect the rich diversity of the Victorian community. We need members with a range of experiences and perspectives and encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, culturally diverse, people with disability, LGBTIQ+, women, youth or someone living in rural and regional communities to apply.
What you need to apply
Please click the ‘Apply now’ button on the advertisement. Applicants should include a Curriculum Vitae and complete an Expressions of Interest Application Form.
All documents, including your personal CV are to be attached as a Microsoft Office Word document (.docx).
If you have additional questions, or if you need assistance with completing the application package, you can email . This inbox is monitored, and a staff member will respond to you as soon as practicable.
Expressions of Interest close Sunday 1 October at 11:59 PM.