About the board
Regional Partnerships provide the Victorian Government with advice on how to support communities across Victoria to drive change, remove barriers, and take advantage of regional opportunities and strengths.
About the role
You can help shape your region’s future by becoming a member of one of Victoria’s Regional Partnerships. The Minister for Regional Development, Hon. Harriet Shing MP is seeking applications from community and business leaders to join the Mallee Regional Partnership.
As a Partnership member, you will have ongoing conversations with your community to find out what matters to them. Your Regional Partnership will identify priorities and work collaboratively with government to drive real outcomes for your community.
The Mallee Regional Partnership is seeking a Chair and one additional business and community member.
Who we're looking for
Regional Partnerships act as a voice for their communities to the Victorian Government. They:
- provide advice on regional priorities across economic, social and environmental domains to the Victorian Government
- participate on working groups to drive local action on regional priorities
- work with regional leadership, community and business groups to support longer-term strategic planning
We are seeking emerging and experienced regional leaders for all Partnerships. Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of their regions’ strengths and challenges
- Good knowledge of how economic, social and environmental issues affect their region
- Collaboration skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to the betterment of their region
- A solutions-focussed approach.
What you need to apply
Please click the apply button on the advertisement. Applicants should include a resume and covering letter.
Note: if you have applied for the recently advertised positions for the Mallee Regional Partnership and wish to be considered for the Chair position, please submit an additional application via this listing.
If you have additional questions, or if you need assistance with completing the application package, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is monitored, and a staff member will respond to you as soon as practicable.
Expressions of interest close 4 June 2023 at 11:59pm.