- Role length:
- Sessional, 3 years
- Monthly, Half day meetings
- Melbourne - CBD
- Approximately $339-$418 per sitting day
About the board
The Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria (the Board) is established under the Surveying Act 2004 to regulate land surveying to ensure the integrity of Victoria's land and property system is maintained. Details of the roles and responsibilities of the Board are available online at www.surveyorsboard.vic.gov.au.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to become actively involved in the Board’s operations and participate on various Board committees that adjudicate on governance, training and disciplinary matters.
Specific interest and skills in one or more of the following areas would be highly regarded:
- administrative law;
- property and land development;
- community interests and needs;
- legal aspects related to surveying and land development;
- education and training;
- business management; and
- director responsibilities and governance.
Who we're looking for
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the following three positions on the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria (the Board):
- Lawyer member;
- Community member; and
- Property owner and developer member.
Applicants will be assessed against the following key selection criteria:
- Ability to operate in a team environment;
- Ability to think strategically and understand governance requirements;
- Ability to understand the regulation of a profession;
- Ability to understand and deliver director responsibilities;
- Ability to engage stakeholders to deliver change within the surveying profession
Applications are being sought from people with a diverse range of skills and experience covering the following areas however not limited to those listed:
- land surveying and associated professions
- strategic thinking an development
- IT and cyber security
- Negotiation and conflict resolutions
- Working in a high performing team
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Governance and risk management
- Skills required by Directors.
The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring that government boards and committees reflect the rich diversity of the Victorian community.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, Aboriginal people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and from lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse, intersex and queer people. We will provide adjustments to the recruitment process upon request.
Members will be appointed for a term of three years from 1 May 2024 to 30 April 2027.
What you need to apply
Please submit an expression of interest addressing the key selection criteria through this website.
If you are having any trouble viewing this advertisement and would like it or any attachments in an accessible format (such as large print), please do not hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on the advertisement.
Expressions of interest close at midnight on 29 February 2024.