About the board
The Heritage Council of Victoria is an independent statutory authority made up of ten members and ten alternate members and established under the Heritage Act 2017.
The Heritage Council is responsible for the identification and protection of places and objects of cultural heritage significance to the state of Victoria.
Information on the Council's recent work - including recent hearing and project is available from the Heritage Council .
About the role
The Minister for Planning is seeking expressions of interest for the following Heritage Council positions:
- One member who is an Aboriginal person and has relevant experience or knowledge of cultural heritage
- One member with recognised skills or expertise in the area of history
- One alternate member with recognised skills or expertise in the area of engineering / building construction
- One alternate member with recognised skills or expertise in urban or regional planning
- One alternate member with demonstrated understanding, expertise or interest in the State’s heritage or in the management of heritage places.
Who we're looking for
The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring the diversity of our boards represents the diversity of our communities. Women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, young people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse and intersex people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants from rural and regional Victoria are also encouraged to apply.
What you need to apply
Please see the attached position descriptions for more information about each role.
Applicants are required to provide an Expression of Interest letter and a detailed CV.
Applicants are required to register an account on the Join a Public Board website ( ) prior to applying online.
We will provide adjustments to the recruitment process upon request.
Applicants with further questions should contact Damien Welch, Executive Officer, Heritage Council on (03) 8508 2776.