About the board
Regional Partnerships provide the Victorian Government with insights on how to support communities across Victoria to drive change, remove barriers, and take advantage of regional opportunities and strengths.
About the role
You can help shape your region’s future by becoming a member of one of Victoria’s Regional Partnerships. The Minister for Regional Development, Hon. Harriet Shing MP is seeking applications from community and business leaders to join one of Victoria’s Regional Partnerships.
As a partnership member, you will have ongoing conversations with your community to find out what matters to them. Your Regional Partnership will identify priorities and work collaboratively with government to drive real outcomes for your community.
There are vacancies for the following Regional Partnerships:
- One vacancy in the Barwon region, including a Chair.
- Two vacancies in Great South Coast region.
- Four vacancies in the Wimmera Southern Mallee region, including a Chair and Deputy Chair.
- Two vacancies in the Loddon Campaspe region.
- Three vacancies in the Mallee region.
- Four vacancies in the Ovens Murray region, including a Chair and Deputy Chair.
Who we're looking for
Regional Partnerships act as a voice for their communities to the Victorian Government. They:
- provide advice on regional priorities across economic, social and environmental domains to the Victorian Government
- participate on working groups to drive local action on regional priorities
- work with regional leadership, community and business groups to support longer-term strategic planning
We are seeking emerging and experienced regional leaders for all partnerships. Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of their regions’ strengths and challenges
- Good knowledge of how economic, social and environmental issues affect their region
- Collaboration skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to the betterment of their region
- A solutions-focussed approach.
What you need to apply
Please click the apply button on the advertisement. Applicants should include a resume and covering letter.
If you have additional questions, or if you need assistance with completing the application package, you can email email@example.com. This inbox is monitored, and a staff member will respond to you as soon as practicable.
Expressions of interest close 7 May 2023 at 11:59pm.